Friday, October 1, 2010

Applied Food Science Lab

In my Dietetics program, we have lab once a week. And its not a boring chemistry or biology lab, like I have had in the past. It is a lab dedicated to cooking and experimenting with different types of cooking techniques. The following pictures are foods that we cooked in one lab time. Of course, we split the work in between different teams to yield more food to eat! Yummmm. The best thing about this is that I get to improve my skills in the kitchen AND eat free food! YESS! :)
plate of samples

Braised carrots and leeks

parsnips

fruit crumble

coffee mousse, soy smoothie, fruit smoothie
In addition to these, the lab also experimented with other food products. We do so much in so little time. It is great learning experience.

*I WILL POST SELECTED RECIPES LATER. IF INTERESTED IN A CERTAIN RECIPE, THEN LET ME KNOW*


Going out of town right now so I will come back and add more to this blog. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. the audience of this blog and i have gathered and concluded that this site needs a banana smoothie recipe that is both nutritious and superawesome.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete